Saturday 28 June 2014

Other projects I'm working on.

So, as well as putting out plenty of my own comics, I've been submitting strips all over the bally shop!

I'm currently working on a ten pager (Mad Gods and Monkey Men) with Tony Suleri for Jimmy Furlong and Andrew Hartmann's delicately titled 'Shit Flingers' anthology.  The script has been accepted, and the art is in progress.  There's a hell of a lot of amazing creators involved in this whopper of an anthology (which involves swashbuckling supernatural simian shenanigans), so check out their Facebook page and give 'em a like.  With Tony having illustrated probably over 1,000 pages worth of monkey related carnage over the course of his comics career, he seemed a very natural choice to join the artists on this one!

They're still on the lookout for writers and artists, so if you're interested in getting involved, get in touch with Jimmy Furlong asap!
Artwork (c) Andrew Hartmann

I've also had a 'Meals On Wheels' strip accepted into issue 2 of Markosia's upcoming British Showcase Anthology (subject to approval of final coloured artwork), also illustrated by Tony Suleri.  There's still a day or so left to get in a script submission to editor Adam Cheal, if anyone fancies doing so.  Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Next years issue of The Psychedelic Journal Of Time Travel will also be featuring a four page strip from myself and Tony (subject to artistic approval), titled Everlasting Peace.  It's a brilliant anthology full of highly entertaining strips, so it's great to be a part of it.  My first draft of Everlasting Peace was initially rejected for 'Hippy bashing and overuse of quiche' which is a fact that I'm uncommonly proud of.
I'm also doing a few odds and ends for a couple of anthologies that Paul Birch is editing (which I'll mention more about when they're closer to release), and am currently working on a submission for Titan comics Lost In Space competition, to be illustrated by...Tony Suleri! (a huge surprise, I know...)
There's plenty more writing projects on the horizon, but I'm sure I've probably bored my one entire reader to tears by now so I'll mention them another time. 

Right, let's get back to the joys of lettering!

No comments: